Or should I say a splint. I won’t be playing much for a few weeks. No sewing, cooking or canning either!
Seems that little spill I had last week resulted in a splint this week. I have to wear this for a few weeks since I seem to have broken my hand just before the wrist. Typing this is difficult and I am NOT supposed to me moving my fingers too much. So if my blog posting is irregular this is why! I will be back!
The ground that is.
Years ago I had a very serious broken arm from a fall. Since then I haven’t fallen at all. Until yesterday that is. I was walking and chatting with Mr.M when suddenly I found myself flat on the ground! I had stepped off of the edge of the sidewalk as we rounded a corner. Whammo! There I was laying down when I least expected it!
Aside from seeing those little sparkly lights one sees just before fainting (while I was laying there trying to gather my wits) and some bruises, the worst of it seems to be a very sore wrist (maybe a sprain) and a cranky knee. Lucky for me the injury is not on my left arm (the one with the plates and screws in it). Unfortunately, it is my right wrist, which is the hand that I do everything with. Last night and this morning I had to try to brush my teeth with my left hand. It was so difficult that it was comical!
The whole adventure has slowed me down a bit and has induced Mr. M to want to wait on me hand and foot. That is easier for him than me because I am so independent. Hopefully in a few days I will be back to my usual busy self…
If you have been reading my blog for very long you already know that one of my grandsons lovingly dubbed me a witch because there is always something fermenting, brewing or steeping somewhere in my house. Today I want to tell you about my current fermentation: pineapple vinegar. This “secret ingredient” is a favorite in many Mexican homes and is called vinagre de pina. Not only is it delicious and healthful, it is easy-peasy to make! Read the rest of this entry »
I am such a random blogger that I have to say I am surprised to win any award! Thanks to a fellow blogger, I have! Thanks so much to Insanely Roy over at pieceofcerebrum.wordpress.com for awarding me.
If you haven’t visited her blog, go for her fabulous recipes and more! Her blog is central to the https://pieceofcerebrum.wordpress.com/weeklychallenge-for-foodbloggers challenge.
The Dragon’s Loyalty Award is an award for the loyal fan/commentor, whether the recipient is a fellow blogger or just someone who follows and comments regularly.
- DISPLAY THE AWARD CERTIFICATE ON YOUR WEBSITE
- ANNOUNCE YOUR WIN WITH A POST AND LINK TO WHOEVER PRESENTED YOUR AWARD
- PRESENT 15 AWARDS TO DESERVING BLOGGERS
- DROP THEM A COMMENT TO TIP THEM OFF AFTER YOU’VE LINKED THEM IN THE POST
- POST 7 INTERESTING THINGS ABOUT YOURSELF.
So, let’s get started.
I think I’ll start with some information about myself:
1. I’m creative. I make stuff: paintings, clothes, food, fun. I post some of it on my blog.
2. I love to travel. I’m not a tourist. I pack lightly, go places, and take their local transportation to see the unusual sights.
3. I was an expat for nine years in Mexico and I loved it.
4. I have studied herbalism for over 30 years. There is always an herb drying, steeping, or decocting somewhere in my home.
5. I love to cook and I do everyday.
6. I believe in fairies, leprechauns, dragons, ghosts and gremlins.
7. I went back to college in my mid-fifties and earned a my BA in Graphic Design with Honors and have never used it professionally. I have three college degrees.
And now for the best part; my nominees. I am only nominating people who have actually visited and commented on my blog.
I humbly thank anyone who visits my blog and especially those who take the time to leave a comment!